corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GSoC 2015 - very little interest so far
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2015 18:47:48 GMT
On 11 February 2015 at 19:34, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org>
wrote:

>  -- replying below to --

I do think I am capable of doing it for most parts of the code. It is true
that peter wrote the code originally, but I have now
been working with the code for the better part of a half year. So if I were
to mentor, it coulld be all of the C code, but the not JS code.

The JS code is surely the easiest part to get involved in, since it does
not really require a lot of in depth knowledge with the internals of
DocFormats.

A httpd module, that wraps around a virtual DocFormates API, would also be
easy to mentor.

Finally expanding our test harness would be easy.

>    Ideas?
>
>    PS: This might not get anywhere in time for GSoC 2015,
>    But it strikes me as a valuable inquiry to make at this
>    point.

Well hopefully next year we will have a stable DocFormats, and more C
developers involved, so the question will be different.

rgds
jan i