corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <>
Subject FOSDEM
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2015 08:48:52 GMT

Seen with the eyes of Corinthia. FOSDEM was not that interesting.

I gave a 20 minutes presentation, which was well received. I got quite a
number of questions afterwards, but we clearly need to have a release where
the editor works.

I had a good discussion with a representative from val-soc (a setup similar
to google summer of code, but the students earn academic merit instead of
being paid).

We defined 3 projects, which targeted the academic students:
- make a compliance document for officedocument implementations
The idea is that implementors should fill out this document and state which
otionsl parts they have implemented etc.
- make and/or collect ODF/OOXML documents that test the above.
Important it is a test of single features not the combinations
- program a test harness that using the above creates a list of potential
conflicts between 2 implementations.

We should get registered this week, and then I have to put some flesh on
it. Students need to pick projects before mid march, and they run until

have fun
jan i