corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Added build instructions.
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2015 18:54:39 GMT
On 11 February 2015 at 19:34, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org>
wrote:

>  -- replying below to --

Which long list ??? I only use -G

>     3. Because of platform differences, it might be
>    better to separate out the build for each platform
>    into a separate build text file.

Why, there are no differences. All platforms need to do a "cmake -G"

>     4. I would also separate out the builds we test
>    with for confirming a buildable release and those
>    build options that are not tested but that
>    Someone might experiment with.  I would put the
>    VS 2015 build in that category until VS 2015
>    graduates from technology preview to a release.

???? Are you mixing build instructions with our buildbot setup ?

Build instructions, only tells new developers how to compile corinthia on
their platform....nothing about tested/released platforms, that should be
in other documents.

>     5. With regard to VS builds, it is useful to
>    know the simplest versions (e.g., Express or
>    Community) that is the tested case.

That could be information in the general README file.

>    Hmm, it might be good to have a job jar about builds.
>    this note will have to be good enough for starters.

What do you mean by a "job jar" ?

I think you see a far bigger purpose of build_instructions.txt than the
intention was.

rgds
jan I.