corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GSoC 2015 - very little interest so far
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2015 18:00:51 GMT

> On 11-02-2015, at 12:54, jan i <jani@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On 11 February 2015 at 18:17, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Side question: Is it premature to have Corinthia tasks in GSoC 2015?
>>
> absolutely not....would be real nice to have. But we need somebody who can
> do the technical mentoring.
>
> Without a mentor, there are no meaning in suggesting tasks.
>
> I am caught up with some other projects, so I do not have the time needed
> (and we talk about quite a lot of time) to be a GSoC mentor this year.
>
> Rgds
> jan i

I would be happy to officiate as a mentor until such time as a "real" mentor (aka a savant)
comes up. For instance, what sort of technical tasks are imagined as being wanted? And what
would the mentor be doing? When we did this before, for OOo, the role of the mentor really
depended hugely on the ambition and capability of the student.
louis