corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Apache™ PDFBox™ named an Open Source Partner Organization of the PDF Association : The Apache Software Foundation Blog
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2015 21:49:50 GMT
Yes, it is interesting to me. I know that PDF is a markup that is based on a set of PostScript
functions and an object layout specification. It is not like PNG - that's a raster bitmap.
It is a vector drawing spec. My interest is pulling out the content - both text and shapes
into a useful set of objects. I am not so interested at this time in other features like forms,
embedded files, and output.

I can read the PDF into an object structure and output HTML5. I can also output the objects
into roughly equivalent PPTX slides using Apache POI.

Corinthia comes in two ways for me.

(1) An HTML5 format that is targeting interchange with Office Document formats.

(2) An intermediate format the may be exported in any format that makes sense.

So I am looking for Corinthia to allow pluggable DocFormats.

Regards,
Dave