corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <>
Subject Re: FOSDEM
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2015 16:20:44 GMT
Jan, et al.,
One of the markets I’ve always seen as possible lies with academia. Students (and profs;
but also admins) as developers, contributors, but also users of the promised Corinthia functionality.

I used to know people involved in Brussels’ education system; they loved ODF. But that was
a while ago. I still have connections with them, however, as I do with those in France. As
Corinthia is not Apache OpenOffice, it ought not to matter that most of those whom I used
to know professionally are now associating with LO.

> On 03-02-2015, at 03:48, jan i <> wrote:
> Hi
> Seen with the eyes of Corinthia. FOSDEM was not that interesting.
> I gave a 20 minutes presentation, which was well received. I got quite a
> number of questions afterwards, but we clearly need to have a release where
> the editor works.
> I had a good discussion with a representative from val-soc (a setup similar
> to google summer of code, but the students earn academic merit instead of
> being paid).
> We defined 3 projects, which targeted the academic students:
> - make a compliance document for officedocument implementations
> The idea is that implementors should fill out this document and state which
> otionsl parts they have implemented etc.
> - make and/or collect ODF/OOXML documents that test the above.
> Important it is a test of single features not the combinations
> - program a test harness that using the above creates a list of potential
> conflicts between 2 implementations.
> We should get registered this week, and then I have to put some flesh on
> it. Students need to pick projects before mid march, and they run until
> June.
> have fun
> jan i
> --
> Sent from My iPad, sorry for any misspellings.

View raw message