corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache™ PDFBox™ named an Open Source Partner Organization of the PDF Association : The Apache Software Foundation Blog
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2015 16:29:08 GMT

> On 03-02-2015, at 11:22, jan i <jani@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On Tuesday, February 3, 2015, Louis Suárez-Potts <luispo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/apache_pdfbox_named_an_open
>>
>> My guess is that everyone already knows about this :-)
>
> yup, but did I overlook a relevance for corinthia ?
>
> thanks for the info
> rgds
> jan i

Not directly to Corinthia. I was thinking more in terms that PDFBox grants those with JVMs
to manipulate PDFs ad hoc. As a lot of enterprise docs. are PDFs, the utility of the service
seems plain. (That OpenOffice can do this, too, to a limited degree, as can other open source
applications is known; that they are not used this way and instead the maximally expensive
options are used just goes to show you that nature doesn’t just abhor a vacuum, it sucks.)

But to return to the point. If one aspect of Corinthia is to enable the manipulation of documents,
then it bears watching how other similar, if by no means congruent or identical, services
fare in the market. More expanded: to investigate the possibility of cooperation if not collaboration;
of mutual interest.

louis