corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <>
Subject The DF prefix
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2015 12:57:23 GMT
As you’re all aware, this is used pretty extensively throughout the codebase.

The reason I named all the core functions like this was to avoid name clashes with other libraries,
and with applications (e.g. for things like substring, HashTable etc).

However, if we can figure out the right compile-time options to control symbol export, such
that only public API functions are exposed to other libraries or programs that use DocFormats,
then these symbols will not be seen, and there will be no chance of them clashing with names
that might be used by the application.

What are your thoughts on this? Should the prefix go or stay?

Dr Peter M. Kelly

PGP key: <>