corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <pmke...@apache.org>
Subject Re: "I'd Really Like This Done By Friday"
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2015 15:01:32 GMT
> On 15 Feb 2015, at 2:50 am, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> Very true. Some time ago you answered my questions about the architecture. Although I
am very busy, sooner or later I will engage the build and then I can see where to apply my
programming or architecture skills.

> Let's test my memory - the underlying architecture conceptually simple enough in no particular
order.

> HTML editing - HTML editing with JS

Yes. Specifically, we have an editing *library* upon which one can build editing applications.
One of the project goal is to build on or more such applications; two ideas that have been
discussed are a Qt-based native app, and a web app which can run in a browser.

> HTML presentation / common layer - HTML rendering with CSS

Yes, although the actual rendering is handled by the browser’s rendering engine (e.g. WebKit/Gecko),
not Corinthia itself.

> DocFormats structure core library
> 	input document in a particular mime-type
> 	output document in a particular mime-type
> 	update document in a particular mime-type

Correct.

> 	filters to support mime-type selection.

Not sure what you mean by “selection” here - there’s no *detection* of file types, though
it would be correct to say that there are filters for different mime types (file formats).
The filter invoked for a conversion is determined by the file extension.

—
Dr Peter M. Kelly
pmkelly@apache.org