corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] ODF Support in Corinthia
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2015 23:12:45 GMT

> On 11-02-2015, at 15:03, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
>
> Ah well, it wasn't private so much as I didn't want to clutter the list with fine points.

Helps if my spellchecker doesn’t think it knows better than I which word to use, too. I
meant that we can put up plans—not detailed schema nor schedules, but something closer to
aspirations, say 'wish lists"—where they are visible to developers.

> I don't think of descriptions and sketches as plans, in the case of software.  Perhaps
because I see planning and scheduling confused together so much.  But I think planning at
least specifies a progression and staging of work and I am wary of anything like that absent
someone who is prepared to follow-through.  This is probably a trifle though.

It’s useful to pry the two apart from a marketing perspective and also product management
one. The idea is to attract developer interest. That can be done on several levels. One is
more abstract than the other and would reach a different audience.

> PS: It helps me if you do not copy me directly when posting to the list.  It makes it
hard for me to know which is the one from the list so that I can reply without breaking the
thread in the mail archive.

As it happens, your email client seems to prefer that and I figured you did, too. Won’t
happen again, at least not intentionally.

louis

of plans do we have regarding ODF support? If we think it is time to return to roadmap discussions,
let’s start a new thread on that subject and focus, yes?

>> <orcmid> A start?
>>
>> I'm not so sure about plans, since it depends on where the developer effort comes
from, but I can see some definition happening.