corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: GSoC 2015 - very little interest so far
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2015 18:34:13 GMT
 -- replying below to --
From: Louis Suárez-Potts [mailto:luispo@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 09:28
To: dev@corinthia.incubator.apache.org; Dennis E. Hamilton
Subject: Re: GSoC 2015 - very little interest so far

> On 11-02-2015, at 12:17, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
>
> Side question: Is it premature to have Corinthia tasks in GSoC 2015?

No

<orcmid>
   I just ran across an useful requirement in tracking down
   guidelines for GSoC 2015.  A mentor must be someone who
   is capable of performing the activity themselves.
     I am assuming that is so the mentor can guide someone
   else through it and also help verify the work at a
   detailed level as well as verify the achievement of the
   result.

   I wonder what we have that is sufficiently free-standing
   that someone beside Peter could be the mentor and that
   one of us could do ourselves.

   Ideas?

   PS: This might not get anywhere in time for GSoC 2015,
   But it strikes me as a valuable inquiry to make at this
   point.
</orcmid>