corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <>
Subject RE: Added build instructions.
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2015 18:34:13 GMT
 -- replying below to --
From: []
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 09:18
Subject: incubator-corinthia git commit: Added build instructions.

Repository: incubator-corinthia
Updated Branches:
  refs/heads/master 9e8e44c36 -> c94ae5dd5

Added build instructions.

   Great idea.

   I notice a few things.

    1. The .sh files are no longer in sync with the .bat
   files.  The .bat files should be used even when
   building with CygWin or MSYS2.  I propose to delete
   the .sh files to avoid this problem.  (There is an
   open .bat issue when unzipping to shared files from a
   guest OS that has not been isolated yet.)

    2. The externals are only meaningful for Windows
   builds, whatever platform is targeted for the
   compilation.  It might be possible to shorten that
   lengthy list of CMake options to ones that make
   sense for this case.

    3. Because of platform differences, it might be
   better to separate out the build for each platform
   into a separate build text file.

    4. I would also separate out the builds we test
   with for confirming a buildable release and those
   build options that are not tested but that
   Someone might experiment with.  I would put the
   VS 2015 build in that category until VS 2015
   graduates from technology preview to a release.

    5. With regard to VS builds, it is useful to
   know the simplest versions (e.g., Express or
   Community) that is the tested case.

   Hmm, it might be good to have a job jar about builds.
   this note will have to be good enough for starters.

View raw message