corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject Graph, Tree, and Model Transformations
Date Sat, 21 Feb 2015 17:02:29 GMT
I just received a Call For Papers from a conference called TAP 2015, part of STAF 2015.  I
had no idea about either.  Details at <http://www.disim.univaq.it/staf2015/>.

TAP seems to intersect with work I have been doing about testing versus proving with regard
to document formats and assessing whether an interchange is acceptably interoperable.

There are other interesting bits.  I am keeping my eye on this, even though my eyes continue
to be bigger than my intellectual stomach in this area.

Meanwhile, I am sitting in on a local meeting of ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34/WG8 on Monday, February
23.  WG8 deals with document interoperability, Document Container Format, and other little
subprojects.  SC34 is also where maintenance of the international versions of ODF (in WG6)
and OOXML (WG4) occur.  There is a short conference call related to ODF (basically for resolution
of a few comments on the acceptance of ODF 1.2 as an International Standard).  There are three
days of meetings on OOXML, which sees heavier and continuous maintenance (working on version
5 now, I think).

Another way this may be related to Corinthia is the presence of MURATA Makoto, who did work
on tree transformations.  I am going to find out if his early papers on that are available
anywhere in English.

There will be no one at WG8 from the Beijing project that is working with interoperability
and interoperability assessment by a common abstraction model.  I owe HOU Xia some follow-up
email discussion.

 -- Dennis E. Hamilton
    orcmid@apache.org
    dennis.hamilton@acm.org    +1-206-779-9430
    https://keybase.io/orcmid  PGP F96E 89FF D456 628A
    X.509 certs used and requested for signed e-mail