corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <>
Subject RE: Support Policies for Corinthia releases
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2015 17:12:42 GMT
+1 on no convenience binaries until there is stability and capacity for support.
   I do think one needs to keep this in mind in terms of organization for
   builds and how releases are identified (and dependencies handled), but
   only that.

-----Original Message-----
From: jan i []
Sent: Tuesday, February 3, 2015 08:21
Subject: Re: Support Policies for Corinthia releases

On Tuesday, February 3, 2015, Dennis E. Hamilton <>

[ ... ]
> It strikes me that it is important that any support policy be explicit.
> That is, when does/will support for a version end, what exceptions might
> there be, and for how long.
> It is also important to have an effective way for downstream users to know
> when the support life is/will end for a given release or related binaries,
> and to be able to know when a new release provides critical updates that
> may impact their usage.  Some creativity may be needed for accomplishing
> effective notifications.

Well for this project we might choose only to release source and avoid all
these problems, at least for a long time until DocFormat is stable.

Some of us might outside the project provide convenience binaries.

So in total I do not really see downstream users or binary releases before
DocFormat is stabilized. At the moment we do not have resources to support

[ ... ]

View raw message