corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Apache™ PDFBox™ named an Open Source Partner Organization of the PDF Association : The Apache Software Foundation Blog
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2015 15:36:20 GMT
Oh, sorry.  I should not have said "conformance."  What I was thinking of was

<http://www.pdfa.org/2011/08/isartor-test-suite/>
and
<http://www.pdfa.org/publication/pdfua-reference-suite/>.

I note that "conforming" is used with respect to the reference suite, but I don't think those
are offered as any determination of compliance.

I do favor what I see of the approach to test suites there.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Edward Zimmermann [mailto:Edward.Zimmermann@cib.de]
Sent: Wednesday, February 4, 2015 02:47
To: dev@corinthia.incubator.apache.org
Cc: dennis.hamilton@acm.org
Subject: AW: Apache™ PDFBox™ named an Open Source Partner Organization of the PDF Association
: The Apache Software Foundation Blog

Hi All,

I'm not familiar with any conformance testing, much less strong, within the PDFA. The Association
is mainly about PDF advocacy and as a networking umbrella for most of the world's PDF experts.
As a Class-A liaison to ISO on PDF we've, for example, had via the Association early access
to PDF 2.0 and were able to contribute our reviews. The Association also maintains a PDF/A
competence center and provides expertise to a number of organizations.

Conformance testing? Of What?

[ ... ]