corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <>
Subject Re: Test Documents (was RE: Coding Standards page)
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 18:04:45 GMT
> On 8 Jan 2015, at 11:52 pm, jan i <> wrote:
> I would have assumed that collecting test documents can never be bad. I am
> not sure I can follow you with "to fork or to fetch".
> I believe we need to documents in our test repo, so that developers have no
> excuse for not running the tests. If I see dftest (and/or dfutil) you can
> setup testcases, that reads the .docx document, generates html, and checks
> it.

I'm in favour of having test documents available in a repository, but I'd just add a word
of caution about the amount of data involved. I could see the test suite potentially reaching
several hundred megabytes, and there are likely to be situations in which someone wants to
just check out the source code, not the whole repository. I think I remember running into
this problem with WebKit once.

Perhaps we could have a separate corinthia-testdocs repository, and add that as a git submodule
in the main module so that we can ensure the references from the source repository are to
the appropriate commits in the testdocs repository?

Currently all the data tests are in a text-based format and easily compressed, but if we start
adding binary files then space/bandwidth could quickly start becoming an issue. Additionally,
someone working on one particular filter might not want to download 300+Mb of files from other
filters that their changes are not going to affect.

Dr Peter M. Kelly

PGP key: <>