corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: ASF Notices on Project Source Code
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 21:11:22 GMT
There ought to be no embarrassment that this task is yet to be completed. This is an integral
part of Incubation.

As Dennis points out from the docs it is expected that Peter change the headers.

As an historical note for AOO Andrew Rist as an Oracle employee did ALL the license header
changes in the source code.

Before there is a release the NOTICE and LICENSE files will need to be verified.

Regards,
Dave

On Jan 8, 2015, at 10:00 AM, Peter Kelly wrote:

> Ok thanks for that Dennis, this is handy to have and I'll put this on my to do list and
try to get to it soon (within the next week).

> [...]

>> think there are any of those, except in externals, but if they are, they need to

>> be identified and treated differently.
>>
>> Here's a version I found in a .sh file that also works elsewhere that this comment
>> form is allowed:
>>
>> #**************************************************************
>> #
>> #  Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
>> #  or more contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file
>> #  distributed with this work for additional information
>> #  regarding copyright ownership.  The ASF licenses this file
>> #  to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
>> #  "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
>> #  with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
>> #
>> #    http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
>> #
>> #  Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing,
>> #  software distributed under the License is distributed on an
>> #  "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY
>> #  KIND, either express or implied.  See the License for the
>> #  specific language governing permissions and limitations
>> #  under the License.
>> #
>> #**************************************************************
>>
>> Here's a version I found on an .hxx file that works anywhere that
>> the C Language comment structure works (including Java, etc.),
>>
>> /**************************************************************
>> *
>> * Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
>> * or more contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file
>> * distributed with this work for additional information
>> * regarding copyright ownership.  The ASF licenses this file
>> * to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
>> * "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
>> * with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
>> *
>> *   http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
>> *
>> * Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing,
>> * software distributed under the License is distributed on an
>> * "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY
>> * KIND, either express or implied.  See the License for the
>> * specific language governing permissions and limitations
>> * under the License.
>> *
>>
>> I'd say either of these works just fine where they are valid
>> comments.
>>
>> I don't know about the "//" comment form.  It appears that the
>> RAT analyzer may have problem with some of these and it is
>> important to ensure that a RAT scan will not be derailed.
>> Since these have no copyright notices, it should not matter

just need to know what the exact changes are that need to be made, so I only have to do the
process once (and I’ll use a script, changing every file manually would be quite tedious).