corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <pmke...@apache.org>
Subject Re: x86 Externals?
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2015 06:32:28 GMT
> On 2 Jan 2015, at 4:08 am, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
>
> Just a quick clarification.
>
> The externals folder in the source tree seems to be exclusively for obtaining x86 libraries,
DLLs, and include files.  These are exclusively for compiling native Windows x86 code, yes?

Yes. I’m not sure what the best way to handle support for both x86 or x64 is; something
we need to figure out. Ideally it would be nice to have the capability to build both.

> And is their only use as dependencies from the minizip and w3c-tidy-html5 in DocFormats/platform/3rdparty
?

No; libxml is used by DFXML.c (the only file that uses it), and SDL/SDL_image is used by Win32.c
and Linux.c. zlib is, however, used only by minizip.

> Another question.  The externals/README.txt file says that there are external/download/bin
DLLs that need to be copied to the directory containing the compiled Corinthia binaries.

> Is there any need for the .exe files that are also extracted to download/bin?  Could
they simply not be extracted?

No; the .exe files are not needed.

> Is it necessary to keep the includes from libxml in download/include/libxml/ instead
of just download/include ?  (This one's no problem, I'm just curious.)

Yes; all the .h files in that directory are of the form #include <libxml/filename.h>,
the assumption that there will be a subdirectory “libxml” in one of the system include
directories containing those files (this requirement comes from the libxml library, not DocFormats
itself).

—
Dr Peter M. Kelly
pmkelly@apache.org