corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1649986 - /incubator/corinthia/www/index.html
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 17:09:44 GMT
On 7 January 2015 at 17:32, Dennis E. Hamilton <>

> +0
> I'm not happy with this.  I feel completely frustrated with any ability to
> contribute considering that we have no way to know the rules for working on
> the site, the wiki is terrible, and there is no compartmentalization that
> works for where work is needed and what is actually stable about stable.
I can actually follow you to a large degree ! Just as peter how I wrote to
him when I joined the project.

Let me come with some ideas, that would really help the project.
- Fill the content (text / drawings) of the pages we have. You have a
fluent pen, a lot better than mine. svn commit that changes so we have a
proposal we all can discuss. If you need some special things in the text
talk with dorte.
- Start the discussion on which Wiki we should have (I really have no idea).
   (in case of mediawiki, follow it up with a discussion on AOO dev@, if we
can borrow a corner of their VM, I vouch for the technical setup)
- Help think / discuss what do we need to attract more people

I see peter also came up with suggestions.

> I have no way to read either Peter or Jan's minds and what they may think
> is obvious and critical is beyond my ken.  Also, I think Peter assumes too
> much about my knowledge of the code and how it works.  I have no working
> knowledge of the internals of AOO nor of DocFormats.
I apologize for that, I have a tendency of forgetting we all have different
levels of knowledge. I really try hard to make sure everything is noted
here on the list.

> I will complete the documentation of the external downloading using native
> Windows and stop.  I'm behind on a promise to the AOO project as it is.
No need to stop there are plenty of work to do.

I think we urgently need to get a better picture of who does what. I saw
another thread where peter and andrea expressed +1 with dorte taking care
of the web, but this should not be a reason for you to stop, I am sure
there are enough work for all us.

jan i