corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Jira and tons of mails.
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2015 09:44:31 GMT
Hi.

Sorry for the tons of mail, but I spent this morning making a couple of
enhancements to jira.

I have added our first (upcomming) release, named it 0.5 (if anybody feels
it should be numbered differently just let me know, I simply picked a
number).

I have added the components I am aware of (if anybody feels we need other
components or they should be named differently, please let know)

I went through all open jira issues, and tried to put release 0.5 on those
I feel should be solved before we make a release. Remark this is purely my
opinion, so please change it if you disagree.

I went through all open jira issues and assigned them to components, and in
some cases also a person. Remark this is purely my opinion, so please
change it if you disagree.

we should in general be better to assign a issue to a person, being
assigned to a issue, does not mean that person has to make it all, but that
person carries the flag for the issue, and make sure it moves forward.

Sorry again for the many mails, but at least you can see what I did this
sunday morning.

rgds
jan i

Ps. I was wondering, should we move jira mail to commits@ to have less