corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Crazy Cool Idea - Corinthia Backed Website
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2015 08:48:13 GMT
On 13 January 2015 at 02:00, Louis Suárez-Potts <luispo@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On 9 Jan 2015, at 11:36, Peter Kelly <pmkelly@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > I think it’s a great idea - though perhaps somewhat premature given the
> early state of the project.
> >
> > We have a web-based editor (which is yet to be properly documented or
> integrated with DocFormats) which I think would be a great tool/library for
> people building CMS systems. And the document conversion facility is a
> great way of demonstrating how we can take different kinds of documents as
> inputs. We could even have a set of links at the bottom of this page…
> “download this file as… [docx] [odt] [markdown] [latex]” etc, optionally
> combined with the ability to upload in any format, demonstrating the
> conversion capabilities.
> >
> > I think however that the code is not ready at this point, and our main
> focus right now needs to being getting content up there. I suggest we peg
> this as an aspirational goal, and to try and work towards figuring out how
> one might build a suitable web CMS or static website demonstrator using the
> toolkit.
> >

> Belatedly coming to this. Naturally, D’s notion picks up on the potential
> of Corinthia—and also, as Peter, points out, our need of more. Not sure
> it’s more resources, as in developers, or just code? Or is code here
> dependent on your free time?
>
> Peter: what would we need to do what Dave suggests?

First we need a stable DocFormats library, where it is easy to write
filters...in my head that is priority 1, after that we can look closer at
which consumers to make first (or which filters).

Start making new consumers, while DocFormats is unstable, and we currently
only are 2 people developing is stretching our resources too thin, in my
opinion.

jan i.