corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1649986 - /incubator/corinthia/www/index.html
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 14:00:13 GMT
On Wednesday, January 7, 2015, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:

> Peter Kelly wrote:
>
>> This is simply bikeshedding
>>

> Well, this is still quite a technical issue, we are not discussing about
> the shade of blue to use.
>
>  My vote is to to have Dorte take responsibility of the design aspects
>>

> I can concur this area is not crucial to the project at this stage (but
> when you start advertising Corinthia at a later stage you WILL want a
> nice-looking site and sometimes this will require some discussion, even if
> you can't see its importance now).
>
> +1 from me to give Dorte all responsibility for website design at this
> stage, and for requesting that others focus on the content only.

May I blend in with 2 small comments.

We have a strong and good tradition in apache not to revert others commits,
I would like to see that tradition kept in corinthia.

It seems I stepped on toes, by reading our mail threads and formulating a
proposal, even though I made my intentions clear:
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@corinthia.incubator.apache.org/msg00284.html
I apologize for that.  I do however not know how to efficiently do it
different....FOSDEM is in 3 weeks where I give a Corinthia talk and a
functioning web site would have been of high value.

rgds
jan i