corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: Analyst Request for ASF Cloud Computing roadmap
Date Sat, 31 Jan 2015 00:25:13 GMT
Hi.

Sorry, I thought it was forwarded to our list, which it of course should
be....so for completeness I forward it now, sorry for the delay.

rgds
jan i.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: jan i <jani@apache.org>
Date: 26 January 2015 at 20:02
Subject: Re: Analyst Request for ASF Cloud Computing roadmap
To: Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org>
Cc: ASF Marketing & Publicity <press@apache.org>

Hi Sally

Do not know if it is too early for Corinthia, but I have tried to fill out
your formula. If you feel it is too early, or does not fit, then please do
not forward it.

rgds
jan i.

On 26 January 2015 at 16:54, Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org> wrote:

> Hello PMCs --
>
> I have received a request from industry analysts Forrester Research for an
> update on all our Cloud-related projects.
>
> If your project is anywhere in the Cloud space, please answer the
> following questions and return to me no later than Wednesday 28 January.
>
> Assume the reader knows nothing: be as concise as possible. As reference
> URLs are appreciated, we'll still need the information below; don't just
> send a link!
>
> Thanks in advance for your help with this.
>
> -Sally
>
> = = =
>
> 1) Name of project:

Corinthia

> 2) Are you a TLP? Sub-project? Podling? In the Apache Labs?

Podling

> 3) Are you related to any other Apache projects (e.g., "currently a
> sub-project of Apache PROJECTNAME" or "developed to support/augment Apache
> PROJECTNAME")
> no, but we have a lot in comon with AOO (including people)
>
> 4) What do you do? (1-2 sentence description, DOAP-style please!)
>
> A responsive design editor for the web and mobile devices for working (and
converting between) different office document formats.

> 5) How long have you existed? (if you came to the ASF from another place,
> please state "PROJECTNAME began in YEAR at ORIGINATINGLOCATION, and entered
> the Apache Incbuator in YEAR" or as otherwise appropriate)
> Corinthia began as UXWrite in 2011 at UXproductivity and entered the
> Apache Incubator december 2014.
>

> 6) What products do you have? (if your Project has more than one product,
> please list all names. Any sub-projects should be specified as such)

t.b.a.

> 7) What are the latest releases?

none in apache

> 8) What's next from your project? (specify a general direction vs. "v4.6
> will be released in February" --any details pertaining to what that release
> will address would help)

First incubator release in Q2 2015.

> 9) What have you done in order to get momentum for your work? (e.g.,
> conferences, workshops/meetups, targeted outreach, etc.)

Presentations of ApacheCON EU (budapest in 2014). Presentation at FOSDEM
2015, Presentation at ApacheCON US 2015.

We also have a twitter and facebook presence.

> 10) Who uses you?  (if you aren't able to list any names, you can specify
> sectors, e.g. "Apache PROJECTNAME is used in financial services,
> healthcare, and software development")

Corinthia has no dedicated sector, since the editor will hopefully be used
across sectors.

> 11) Which companies contribute(d) to the creation and support of this
> project? (some projects detail this; others don't. Big-picture, it doesn't
> matter since ASF contributions are made by individuals. But if you have the
> information available, I'll share it on a case-by-case basis).
>
> UXproductivity granted the software package to ASF, and the main developer
from UXproductivity is currently still one of the main developers.