corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: x86 Externals?
Date Thu, 01 Jan 2015 21:34:33 GMT
On 1 January 2015 at 22:08, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org>
wrote:

> Just a quick clarification.
>
> The externals folder in the source tree seems to be exclusively for
> obtaining x86 libraries, DLLs, and include files.  These are exclusively
> for compiling native Windows x86 code, yes?

yes

> And is their only use as dependencies from the minizip and w3c-tidy-html5
> in DocFormats/platform/3rdparty ?

the zlib dll is. The rest is (as far as I know) used directly in the
application code.

I think iconv is only used to get W:H on images, needed for the rendering.

> Another question.  The externals/README.txt file says that there are
> external/download/bin DLLs that need to be copied to the directory
> containing the compiled Corinthia binaries.

or somewhere included in PATH. I have my dll in a c:/cmd directory.

> Is there any need for the .exe files that are also extracted to
> download/bin?  Could they simply not be extracted?

We dont copy the exe files for the packages, only .lib, .h and .dll

> Is it necessary to keep the includes from libxml in
> download/include/libxml/ instead of just download/include ?  (This one's no
> problem, I'm just curious.)

I think you need to rebuild your tree (cmake -G), seems as if you dont run
with the latest VC solution.

Download is only temporary, everything we need is copied to externals/lib
/include /bin

rgds
jan I