corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <>
Subject Re: The CWiki has Defeated Me
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 17:20:38 GMT
On 6 January 2015 at 18:13, Dennis E. Hamilton <>

> One of the new CWiki pages was simply an HTML dump and it presents as raw
> I attempted to convert this to Wiki text with no luck whatsoever.
I saw your commit, I am the one guilty of dumping HTML, simply so that we
did not loose it.

> The Help button is useless.
> This is one of the worst excuses for a Wiki that I have ever encountered
> in my life.  I am embarrassed to even mention it to my friend Ward
> Cunningham.
> I will not be touching this Wiki. I am not going to waste my time on this
> inscrutable product. Period.
> If we can obtain a WikiMedia wiki instance, I will be very happy to
> contribute to it.
Infra does not support WikiMedia, it is only AOO who uses this....but I am
pretty sure we can talk with AOO and get a corner. I am currently managing
the AOO servers and do not see a technical problem with this.

> If we can obtain a MoinMoin wiki instance, such as used by the incubator,
> I will be very happy to contribute to that too.
We asked for a cwiki, to be honest because none of us really knew the
difference....I am sure we can move to MoinMoin, I personally have no
preference (except WikiMedia, which I really like).

> I shall bite my tongue and end this note.
Your arguments are fair, so no need to bite your tongue !

Lets discuss what we want, and the make it happen, we have to live with the
wiki for many years, so lets make the best choice now where we have very
limited content.

jan i.