corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Commons is not really an option in corinthia
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2015 20:27:06 GMT
On 18 January 2015 at 21:18, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org>
wrote:

> Yes, I keep pointing out that it is the methods and design, not the code
> that I am interested in, but I think I am not being emphatic enough when I
> do that [;<).

I know you said that, but at the same time somebody said the word license.
When I look at methods and design I do not need to care about the license,
because I
have to reimplement it anyhow.

> It also provides a way that a transposition to a different programming
> language is correct [;<), by having tests that succeed for both.

+1

> Likewise, I am perfectly willing to mine POI and the ODF Toolkit for
> whatever they have to offer in this respect (although this may apply more
> to the Zip case than the long-form getopt).

I am close with zip now, so no need for that. But getopt_long() must be
available in one of the C projects.

If you only search for the methods and design, have a look at the
opensource C variants on github (or the official one from AT&T).

rgds
jan i.