corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Questions about Private Activities in Corinthia Name
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 17:27:49 GMT
On 6 January 2015 at 17:54, jan i <jani@apache.org> wrote:

> On 6 January 2015 at 17:20, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org>
> wrote:
>
>> I am puzzled by the following arrangements, which are apparently in
>> private hands:
>>
>>  1. The Facebook page
>>
> This page was created by dorte, and everybody was (and is) invited to
> participate. The page needs to be owned by  a FB user.
>
>>  2. The Twitter account
>>
> This was created by Daniel, and everybody who wants the password can get
> it from me.
>
>>  3. The Web site
>>
> The web is in svn (incubator), so this is standard ASF.
>
> For the web we had a discussion a while ago, where I explained that we
> choose not to use a CMS system, and at the moment dorte would prefer to
> make the changes. But since its svn you can do any change you want.
>
> What I do is to write the text and then let dorte make sure the responsive
> design works.
>

>> The Web site is, of course, an ASF Property, but there is much text
>> framed in terms of "We" yet the work on the web site is in the hands of two
>> individuals that appear to be operating privately (or at least, not
>> operating in public here).
>>
> I dont think you are unfair with this statement !!

Sorry double negation is never good...I meant you are unfair with that
statement...the "we" is a clear reflection of mail threads in here, and
"we" are one community but 1 has to write the page so others can comment on
it.

> I have done quite a lot to tell what the intentions are, and you can see
> every commit message. Somebody needs to do the first steps, so we can get
> it up and running. The policy pages I just published was both discussed
> earlier in here, and I specifically wrote in several commit messages, that
> we need to discuss the final result.
>

>> How do we move these, and any blog site too, into some sort of community
>> ownership and community visibility?
>>
> Well start by using the svn for www and tell my your FB id so I can give
> you admin right to the FB page.
>
> We dont currently have a blog site.
>
> rgds
> jan i.
>

>>  - Dennis
>>
>> PS: I am thrilled that Dorte has organized the web site in a responsive
>> structure by which it is adaptable to all manner of browser form factors.
>> It would be great if the principles were established in a place where all
>> of us could honor them in any contributions made to the site, so that work
>> would be preserved.
>>
> Please bear in mind, that we agreed the Web should not grow, but be a
small number of pages and all dynamic content should be in the wiki
(whatever we choose).

The principles are in the html, which you find in svn. It is all made with
foundation (which can be seen in the html).

I am sure neither dorte or I do "private" things with corinthia but only
write down PROPOSALS for what things that have been discussed. In case you
still feel "private" things are happening then I will happely stop making
text for web pages, no problem at all.

rgds
jan i.