corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Coding Standards page
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 21:51:08 GMT
On Wednesday, January 7, 2015, Dennis E. Hamilton <orcmid@apache.org> wrote:

> I have added an appropriate (I hope) .gitattributes file to the Corinthia
> repository.

Looks real good to me.

> For SVN, it is necessary to make local changes to adjust line-endings
> cross-platform.  The relevant ASF file for this is at <
> http://www.apache.org/dev/svn-eol-style.txt>.

thanks forgot about that page, will remember to give it to dorte.

> It turns out I have a custom one of these *and* it is in effect.  The
> problem was I had replaced the rules for *.html and *.htm with ones that
> specified the MIME type and removed the svn:eol-style attribute, thinking
> it didn't matter.  My bad. I did that years ago! (June 2011)  It does
> matter for DIFF and for what others think the "right" line ending is.
>
> I have fixed that in my local SVN settings.
>
> PS: I have the SVN definitions for the ODF documents, and I need to update
> them for the Microsoft Office documents.  I assume that having these
> binaries is all right in collections of test documents, so long as they are
> not in the part of our repositories that represent released source code.

It is OK to have binaries for test. Can you please add the right git
attributes to the main test dir.

thanks in advance
jan i

ps. we need a lot of test documents, would you and dorte be interested in
defining that work? I mis a good idea how to group it, how much in each
document etc.