corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <>
Subject Re: Crazy Cool Idea - Corinthia Backed Website
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2015 11:21:07 GMT
On 9 January 2015 at 01:46, Dave Fisher <> wrote:

> Hi -
> Peter's architecture descriptions have been very illuminating. The debate
> around bootstrapping documentation is interesting.
> Observations.
> o Corinthia features an HTML abstract state.
> o Corinthia can filter a Word document into HTML. With other filters to
> follow.
> o Apache CMS can wrap diverse documents (mdtext, html, ...) into HTML -
> See
> Idea:
> 1. Create website responsive wrapper. This is Dorte's current web work
> that must continue! We've had good email discussion and we can link to our
> public dev archive for now. No need for a wiki yet!
I agree with the first part, but not the second, the wiki is very handy for
our disucssions. It would f.x. be handy to use the wiki for a structural
diagram, and then discuss how the "borders" should be implemented in
detail, that seems hard to do in mail.

> 2. Once we are happy with the website design, I can convert into templates
> in the Apache CMS.
I have no problem with converting it into CMS, but I honestly think it
depends what we want to do with the web, if it just contains a handful of
static pages that basically point to other information, then CMS is a bit
of overkill....whereas if we want to use it for more, then CMS is a good

> 3. Create website content bodies from Word documents locally using
> Corinthia.
>         o As additional filters are implemented in Corinthia more source
> document types are possible for site content:
>                 - ODT
>                 - PowerPoint, ...
> 4. Build a headless Corinthia and install on the Apache CMS buildbot.
I have been talking about this for a while, search for httpd module.

It is a relative easy task to buld a httpd module that call DocFormats.

> Some benefits:
> o Write documentation like you know how. The website content becomes a
> tree of documents.

> o Apache CMS could be used to provide a "source" view of the pages. Even
> more help opening up the model.
hmmm that would not work with the docx converted pages, as far as I can see.

> o Corinthia can show the differences between document versions – the diffs
> between website content checkins.
Only if we commit the docx files. I would prefer not to commit the html,
but only keep the docx. That way the module would be something
a lot of sites could use.

> o It will be easy to show potential users how Corinthia works. Different
> abstract HTML forms can be filtered from documents which will allow easier
> explanations of the various html forms - flat, wrapped, sequential, etc. as
> the pages source code.

> o This approach also fits with Apache Sling / Jackrabbit (Adobe CQ)
> architecture.
I lost you here, but that is surely because I have not looked into the 2

jan i