corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Dorte Fjalland <>
Subject Corinthia web and social media
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 23:35:46 GMT
Hi all, Happy New Year. I can see that there has been some
correspondence now re. the Corinthia  web/social media strategies and the
content so far proposed. I prefer to comment in a new post as I would not
know where else to reply.

I made the current web proposal based on my understanding that the project
needed like a kind of "sales brochure" aimed at getting committers from
other Apache projects involved in Corinthia and therefore a site that would
be easy to overview and containing basic/essential information and with
links to all the serious and detailed stuff to be found in wikis etc.

Reading the various mail threads i get the impression that maybe the
community should find out who they want to reach and then decide the tools.
Re the fb page and the Twitter the members who are active on those medias
can be editors/admins and provide content, but again, you can do this with
the intention of attracting new people and or a way of communicating ( in
public and with the purpose of attracting attention/new people).

I am sorry to read that the web site proposal has been seen as a private
and already agreed on job. This was not the intention. Anyhow, if some of
you don't know it, then Jan is my husband and we do talk ... also about
Corinthia. Before I retired to Southern Spain together with Jan I used to
work with web journalism and information strategies.

All for now, looking forward to hearing your comments.