corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Crazy Cool Idea - Corinthia Backed Website
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2015 00:46:16 GMT
Hi -

Peter's architecture descriptions have been very illuminating. The debate around bootstrapping
documentation is interesting.

Observations.

o Corinthia features an HTML abstract state.

o Corinthia can filter a Word document into HTML. With other filters to follow.

o Apache CMS can wrap diverse documents (mdtext, html, ...) into HTML - See openoffice.org.

Idea:

1. Create website responsive wrapper. This is Dorte's current web work that must continue!
We've had good email discussion and we can link to our public dev archive for now. No need
for a wiki yet!

2. Once we are happy with the website design, I can convert into templates in the Apache CMS.

3. Create website content bodies from Word documents locally using Corinthia.
	o As additional filters are implemented in Corinthia more source document types are possible
for site content:
		- ODT
		- PowerPoint, ...

4. Build a headless Corinthia and install on the Apache CMS buildbot.

Some benefits:

o Write documentation like you know how. The website content becomes a tree of documents.

o Apache CMS could be used to provide a "source" view of the pages. Even more help opening
up the model.

o Corinthia can show the differences between document versions – the diffs between website
content checkins.

o It will be easy to show potential users how Corinthia works. Different abstract HTML forms
can be filtered from documents which will allow easier explanations of the various html forms
- flat, wrapped, sequential, etc. as the pages source code.

o This approach also fits with Apache Sling / Jackrabbit (Adobe CQ) architecture.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Dave