corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <>
Subject Re: Crazy Cool Idea - Corinthia Backed Website
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2015 01:00:48 GMT

> On 9 Jan 2015, at 11:36, Peter Kelly <> wrote:
> I think it’s a great idea - though perhaps somewhat premature given the early state
of the project.
> We have a web-based editor (which is yet to be properly documented or integrated with
DocFormats) which I think would be a great tool/library for people building CMS systems. And
the document conversion facility is a great way of demonstrating how we can take different
kinds of documents as inputs. We could even have a set of links at the bottom of this page…
“download this file as… [docx] [odt] [markdown] [latex]” etc, optionally combined with
the ability to upload in any format, demonstrating the conversion capabilities.
> I think however that the code is not ready at this point, and our main focus right now
needs to being getting content up there. I suggest we peg this as an aspirational goal, and
to try and work towards figuring out how one might build a suitable web CMS or static website
demonstrator using the toolkit.

Belatedly coming to this. Naturally, D’s notion picks up on the potential of Corinthia—and
also, as Peter, points out, our need of more. Not sure it’s more resources, as in developers,
or just code? Or is code here dependent on your free time?

Peter: what would we need to do what Dave suggests?

> —
> Dr Peter M. Kelly

> PGP key: <>
>> On 9 Jan 2015, at 7:46 am, Dave Fisher <> wrote:
>> Hi -
>> Peter's architecture descriptions have been very illuminating. The debate around
bootstrapping documentation is interesting.
>> Observations.
>> o Corinthia features an HTML abstract state.
>> o Corinthia can filter a Word document into HTML. With other filters to follow.
>> o Apache CMS can wrap diverse documents (mdtext, html, ...) into HTML - See
>> Idea:
>> 1. Create website responsive wrapper. This is Dorte's current web work that must
continue! We've had good email discussion and we can link to our public dev archive for now.
No need for a wiki yet!
>> 2. Once we are happy with the website design, I can convert into templates in the
Apache CMS.
>> 3. Create website content bodies from Word documents locally using Corinthia.
>> 	o As additional filters are implemented in Corinthia more source document types
are possible for site content:
>> 		- ODT
>> 		- PowerPoint, ...
>> 4. Build a headless Corinthia and install on the Apache CMS buildbot.
>> Some benefits:
>> o Write documentation like you know how. The website content becomes a tree of documents.
>> o Apache CMS could be used to provide a "source" view of the pages. Even more help
opening up the model.
>> o Corinthia can show the differences between document versions – the diffs between
website content checkins.
>> o It will be easy to show potential users how Corinthia works. Different abstract
HTML forms can be filtered from documents which will allow easier explanations of the various
html forms - flat, wrapped, sequential, etc. as the pages source code.
>> o This approach also fits with Apache Sling / Jackrabbit (Adobe CQ) architecture.
>> Thoughts?
>> Regards,
>> Dave

View raw message