corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Change of my role(s) in Apache Software Foundation.
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2015 16:26:24 GMT

On Jan 22, 2015, at 8:10 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> Congratulations!

Ditto!

> I had noticed LABS before, and mused about it.  I saw your appointment on the Board Minutes
and realized I'd forgotten what Apache LABS was!

> For me, an obvious LABS project would be DCF for providing implementations of the ISO/IEC
Document Container File profile of Zip as a container for composite documents and such, rather
than as file-system archives.

> It would also be a good sandbox for exploring more and better ways to deliver code to
the Windows platform, something I am keen about.

> Just the sort of thing I think about that could be done on LABS probably more easily
than on SourceForge (well, on SourceForge, releases can be done though).

> I noticed an interesting statement on LABS about restraints on code base status for entering
incubation.  In that respect, Corinthia entering incubation was perhaps slightly premature
(although I am not complaining).

Incubation is totally appropriate.

Regards,
Dave