corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Svante Schubert <>
Subject Re: Coding Standards page
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 11:38:12 GMT
Am 08/01/15 um 12:28 schrieb Svante Schubert:
> Am 08/01/15 um 00:51 schrieb Dave Fisher:
>> On Jan 7, 2015, at 3:40 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>>> -- replying below to --
belonged to them had been submitted by another person with a bug report. We removed the file
with apologies.
>> I would therefore recommend that these test documents get pulled in by reference
to POI's repos.
> The centralization of test documents, where some of them (like on
> feature coverage) could to be accessed on demand, downloaded and be
> cached locally, similar as to Maven's .m2 directory mechanism for
> artifact would be indeed a great step forward!
> I have a lot of test documents in the ODF Toolkit, the problem is more
> to sort them according to features and to keep the number small, but
> with a good coverage to keep the test duration short and efficient.
> Regards,
> Svante
Sorry, sent too quickly.

Hopefully sometimes in the future test documents of a file format are
becoming (optional) part of its SDK, even better becoming part of the
standard of the file format itself. Like regression tests would become
part of a standard to provide a measurement for feature coverage of an
application supporting that file format (at least from model
perspective, but not necessary rendering).

This ability would require not only the specification of the model of
the file format, but as well its convertibility (API). As we are
specifying at the moment the changes upon the ODF model
being used for change-tracking.

View raw message