corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <>
Subject Re: Jira and tons of mails.
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2015 17:42:46 GMT
Olingo does most all of their dev emails through JIRA issues.

It works for them. Same with legal-discuss.

I am for putting them on the dev list. If we do bulk changes then the flood can be handled
by turning off the notifications.

If the project want these on another mailing list that's ok - I will route to the same folder
in my mail client.

On Jan 18, 2015, at 8:44 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> I would prefer that all the noise that JIRA makes for the simplest changes go to a separate
> I can handle that locally, and I see I need to fix my email filters and put things in
a Corinthia/Issues folder better.
> What I end up having to do is currently, curate what I see in the dev @ corinthia with
what comes to my mailbox because I am following an issue.  Part of the problem is how some
email from ASF systems does not identify the source, but the person who performs an action,
so it is necessary to mine the email headers to figure out what the actual source is and where
things can go.  Then spam filters mess it all up anyhow.
> I don't think having JIRA notices of the kind we have been seeing go to the commits list
is helpful.  Commits are very different.  It would be cool if an issue-related commit could
cause a JIRA comment tied to the commit, but I wouldn't put them all in the same reporting
> - Dennis

View raw message