corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <>
Subject Re: Questions about Private Activities in Corinthia Name
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 18:46:45 GMT
> On 7 Jan 2015, at 1:26 am, Dennis E. Hamilton <> wrote:
> My impression is that a Twitter account and a Facebook account such as these are only
usable for self-promotion of the project.  This has little community-engagement value.
> I would rather they not exist than have such limited value.  Especially since they require
effort to keep current in some form.
> I recommend that a Project Blog be established instead if we think it is important to
give a project voice for announcing events, milestones, and problems of interest.  It will
be necessary to curate comments and also address the meaningful ones though.  That or comments
should be disabled.

I don’t have a strong opinion for or against twitter/facebook accounts. I’m not convinced
of their benefits, but I don’t see anything wrong with having them.

I definitely agree a project blog would be good to have. I know I really need to get my act
together in terms of writing more about the project, and I’m sure there are many useful
contributions that others can make as well. I would in fact consider this the most important
strategy in terms of social media engagement, especially if we can get people linking to it
when we post articles of interest on particular topics.

Dr Peter M. Kelly

PGP key: <>