corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject ASF Notices on Project Source Code
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 23:20:07 GMT
@Peter,

  Oops.  I knew there was something that needs to be done to the notices on the source, and
I forgot to bring it up.  The notices that Apache *Projects* put on their source are different
than the notices recommended in the Apache License.

As far as I know, this is the latest version of the policy:
<http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html>.

Note that the Corinthia code counts as "Code Developed at the ASF" and not as third-party
code.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Kelly [mailto:pmkelly@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, January 6, 2015 10:44
To: dev@corinthia.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Coding Standards page

> On 7 Jan 2015, at 1:26 am, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
[ ... ]
> There is also, with this Apache project, the standard rules for the ASF Copyright headers.

On this - what is the correct way to mention contributors here? Currently the header files
all say "Copyright 2012-2014 UX Productivity Pty Ltd” but this needs to be changed to recognise
the copyrights of other contributors to the project. If you can point me to info about what
the expected practice here I’ll be happy to take care of this (a separate contributors file?),
and I should be able to change all the files fairly quickly with a sed script.

[ ... ]