corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Anybody who know how to write .cmd or .bat files for windows ?
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2015 02:53:14 GMT
The unzip.cmd script that I found worked perfectly out of the box.

It is one of those great mystery scripts that runs first as if it is a batch script, but after
checking its parameters, it then invokes *itself* via CScript with parameters that specify
processing its file as Jscript (.js). This recognizes the earlier part of the .cmd as a Jscript
comment and continues in the remaining Jscript.  That's what hooks into Scripting and Shell.Application
objects, gets its hands on the zip archive as if it is a folder and then extracts its content
into a specified destination.

The usage from within extract_downloads.bat is much simpler and I'll demystify unzip.cmd into
an unzip.js that works more directly.

Not tonight.  Still recovering from flu.  More sleep .... zzzzz

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis E. Hamilton [mailto:dennis.hamilton@acm.org]
Sent: Thursday, January 1, 2015 15:32
To: dev@corinthia.incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Anybody who know how to write .cmd or .bat files for windows ?

I looked farther into what it takes to unzip on Windows.

I found a script that will do a complete unzip into a folder.  I haven't cracked the code
so I'll have to see if I have everything to make it run, and then figure out how it works
[;<).

An alternative I was looking at was using 7-zip.  The 7z.exe is a command-line version and
it makes it easy to extract selected portions to different locations without having to extract
the entire archive first.  But I found many thing not to like about advising users how to
install and use the command-line version.  So I am
going to the first approach, which will be completely self-contained.

Done that way, extract_downloads.bat will have the same effect as extract_downloads.sh once
the extractions are all done.

 - Dennis

[ ... ]