corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <>
Subject RE: Jira and tons of mails.
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2015 02:29:59 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Louis Suárez-Potts []
Sent: Sunday, January 18, 2015 17:13
To:; Dennis E. Hamilton
Subject: Re: Jira and tons of mails.

[ ... ]
> <orcmid>
>   Yes, I just got all of my email rules working correctly so I can do
>   that too.
>      So, works for me.  It makes for a noisy mail archive but I suppose
>   the folks who use the mirrored lists via other tools must have
>   solutions that work for them.
>      It's the non-expert subscribers to our only mailing list that
>   I worry about a little.
> </orcmid>
> [ … ]

When we find that bridge we'll cross it.

When i first set up the OOo Native-Lang lists, I debated between one big party list and discrete
lists. The party list was represented most obviously, then, by Mozilla's l10n & i18n list:
All languages, all the time. Discrete lists tended to become walled gardens, silos and boredom
was the least of their problems.

This kind of problem is easy enough to fix later on and there any number of solutions one
can use, not least of which is just informing naive subscribers how to filter noise out. For
now, I think we all agree that it's far better to have a noisy room than too much dedicated

View raw message