corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: x86 Externals?
Date Thu, 01 Jan 2015 23:32:27 GMT
 -- replying below to --
From: jan i [mailto:jani@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, January 1, 2015 13:35
To: dev@corinthia.incubator.apache.org; Dennis Hamilton
Subject: Re: x86 Externals?

On 1 January 2015 at 22:08, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org>
wrote:
[ ... ]
> Another question.  The externals/README.txt file says that there are
> external/download/bin DLLs that need to be copied to the directory
> containing the compiled Corinthia binaries.
[ ... ]
> Is there any need for the .exe files that are also extracted to
> download/bin?  Could they simply not be extracted?

We dont copy the exe files for the packages, only .lib, .h and .dll

<orcmid>
   I am looking at the externals/README.txt file and its long list of
   what to expect.  So it is not current?
</orcmid>

> Is it necessary to keep the includes from libxml in
> download/include/libxml/ instead of just download/include ?  (This one's no
> problem, I'm just curious.)

I think you need to rebuild your tree (cmake -G), seems as if you dont run
with the latest VC solution.

Download is only temporary, everything we need is copied to externals/lib
/include /bin

<orcmid>
   I don't know what it means to rebuild my tree.  I do not run Cmake.
   I am looking for what is essential for an extract_downloads batch
   file. I should have been more clear what I was asking clarification
   of.
</orcmid>

rgds
jan I