corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <>
Subject FW: svn commit: r1649986 - /incubator/corinthia/www/index.html
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 17:49:52 GMT
I just got a spam-bounce of this message returned to me.  I am sending it from a different
e-mail to see if it gets through.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis E. Hamilton []
Sent: Wednesday, January 7, 2015 09:30
Subject: RE: svn commit: r1649986 - /incubator/corinthia/www/index.html

I need to make something clear here.

For me, this is an open-source project.

On open-source projects at Apache at least, contributors contribute where they are moved to
contribute and for whatever satisfaction they find in what they are doing.

I am left with the impression that others have ideas about where I should be finding that.
 But that's not my agenda (even if I knew what my agenda were), that's someone else's agenda.

I don't doubt that Peter has an eye on a variety of research topics and also some approaches
that he is aware of (e.g., in parser construction) that he wants to try out.  That's fine.
 I may or may not be intrigued enough to follow him down those paths.

It may be that projects are more mature than Corinthia when they tend to come over to the
ASF.  I don't know.  Or perhaps I just haven't studied the code enough to understand that
there is sufficient architectural structure to follow, as in looking into the filter cases.
 I was starting at an even lower level, something basic like how can any of this be compiled
and worked on using a Windows desktop platform.  (So I am immediately up against tacit knowledge
requirements for CMake without getting to any of the computer science stuff at all. That's
the rank amateur level at which I am arriving here.)

You should consider me a complete noob with regard to this project.  It happens I have the
kind of beginner's mind where I can turn what I learn as a noob into advice for other noobs
and maybe leave better bread crumbs for those who follow.  But noob I am.

 - Dennis