corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: ASF Notices on Project Source Code
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 16:15:07 GMT
 -- replying below to --
From: jan i [mailto:jani@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, January 8, 2015 03:16
To: dev@corinthia.incubator.apache.org; Dennis Hamilton
Subject: Re: ASF Notices on Project Source Code

On 8 January 2015 at 00:20, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org>
wrote:

> @Peter,
>
>   Oops.  I knew there was something that needs to be done to the notices
> on the source, and I forgot to bring it up.  The notices that Apache
> *Projects* put on their source are different than the notices recommended
> in the Apache License.
>
> As far as I know, this is the latest version of the policy:
> <http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html>.

As I have said earlier, you are excellent in catching these embarrassing
mistakes....this is not peter fault, but mine, I have simple forgotten the
difference, and just checked all files.

> Note that the Corinthia code counts as "Code Developed at the ASF" and not
> as third-party code.
[ ... ]
Please, if you have the cycles please go ahead and change all files. Today
the only contributor is UX Productivity Ptl Ltd, and I think we should list
this a "original grant".

thanks in advance, that is a no fun job.
jan I.

<orcmid>
  I am not clear who this remark is addressed to.
  If to me, I do not have the authority to make those changes.
  The procedure specifies how that is done or to be
  authorized.

  I believe Peter Kelly has to either do it or authorize
  someone else to do it.

  Since this will touch all of the code, there needs to be
  some coordination to prevent collisions.
</orcmid>