corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject Test Documents (was RE: Coding Standards page)
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 16:15:07 GMT

Note that HTML formatting is not preserved when I make a plaintext reply.

 -- replying below to --
From: Svante Schubert [mailto:svante.schubert@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 8, 2015 03:38
To: dev@corinthia.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Coding Standards page

[ ... ]

I have a lot of test documents in the ODF Toolkit, the problem is more
to sort them according to features and to keep the number small, but
with a good coverage to keep the test duration short and efficient.

Regards,
Svante

Sorry, sent too quickly.

Hopefully sometimes in the future test documents of a file format are becoming (optional)
part of its SDK, even better becoming part of the standard of the file format itself. Like
regression tests would become part of a standard to provide a measurement for feature coverage
of an application supporting that file format (at least from model perspective, but not necessary
rendering).

This ability would require not only the specification of the model of the file format, but
as well its convertibility (API). As we are specifying at the moment the changes upon the
ODF model being used for change-tracking.

Regards,
Svante

<orcmid>
   Are the ODF Toolkit test documents already organized and should we
   view that as a structure for collection of tests?

   If the tests are organized against features of a specification,
   that would be interesting as well.

   For Corinthia there may be some common abstraction within which
   feature-specific tests might live.  I don't know if there are
   details about that, so I am speculating.
</orcmid>