corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: change if wiki ?
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2015 20:03:23 GMT
Wowza!

Thanks for the links, Jan.  That answers a lot of questions.

 - Dennis

 -- replying below to --
From: jan i [mailto:jani@apache.org]
Sent: Sunday, January 18, 2015 11:16
To: dev@corinthia.incubator.apache.org; Dennis Hamilton
Subject: Re: change if wiki ?

On 18 January 2015 at 20:02, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org>
wrote:
> [ ... ]
> <orcmid>
>   Thanks.  I will muddle along for now.
>   Since I work on more than one project
>   (at ASF and elsewhere), having this
>   particular Wiki as yet another tool
>   to learn where nothing I already have
>   at hand works really threw me, as
>   you can see.
> </orcmid>

I too prefer offline work.  I found these 3 links, they may solve some of
your problems:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Importing+a+Word+Document+into+Confluence
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+Storage+Format
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Importing+Pages+from+Disk

<orcmid>
   The not-really-XHTML Storage Format answers many questions,
   including making clear what elements work and do what.

   I tend to avoid using Microsoft Office this way because it
   raises DocFormats questions about what the correspondence
   is with what works in Confluence, etc. [;<).

   I now understand that the Help needs to be updated to
   exclude the pre-Confluence 4.0 methods, which is why
   when I used them nothing happened [;<).

   This recurring thing keeps me being a documentation-
   first person, but that means documentation-maintenance-
   first too and I need more self-discipline there.
</orcmid>

have fun
jan i