corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <>
Subject Direction of Web Content (RE: Questions about Private Activities in Corinthia Name)
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 18:26:24 GMT

 -- replying below to --
From: jan i []
Sent: Tuesday, January 6, 2015 08:55
To:; Dennis Hamilton
Subject: Re: Questions about Private Activities in Corinthia Name

On 6 January 2015 at 17:20, Dennis E. Hamilton <>

[ ... ]

>  3. The Web site
The web is in svn (incubator), so this is standard ASF.

For the web we had a discussion a while ago, where I explained that we
choose not to use a CMS system, and at the moment dorte would prefer to
make the changes. But since its svn you can do any change you want.

What I do is to write the text and then let dorte make sure the responsive
design works.

> The Web site is, of course, an ASF Property, but there is much text framed
> in terms of "We" yet the work on the web site is in the hands of two
> individuals that appear to be operating privately (or at least, not
> operating in public here).
I dont think you are unfair with this statement !!

I have done quite a lot to tell what the intentions are, and you can see
every commit message. Somebody needs to do the first steps, so we can get
it up and running. The policy pages I just published was both discussed
earlier in here, and I specifically wrote in several commit messages, that
we need to discuss the final result.

   Reading commit messages is not an useful way to understand how the web
   site is shaping up.

   I have commented separately on features I have noticed on the front

   I notice that the menus of the site tend to link to CWiki pages that
   are TBD and also to web pages, sometimes appearing to be on some of
   the same topics.

   I confess I do not know from any discussions here what the organizing
   principle of web versus wiki is.  (Now that I am very disappointed
   in the Wiki, I am even more concerned.)

   I see statement on the web pages that are surprising to me.  I can
   accept that this should be viewed as CTR work.

   Perhaps, until the work stabilizes in some form, it would be good to
   say when something is up in a form where the R of CTR is requested?

[ ... ]

View raw message