corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: svn commit: r1649986 - /incubator/corinthia/www/index.html
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 16:32:35 GMT
+0

I'm not happy with this.  I feel completely frustrated with any ability to contribute considering
that we have no way to know the rules for working on the site, the wiki is terrible, and there
is no compartmentalization that works for where work is needed and what is actually stable
about stable.

I have no way to read either Peter or Jan's minds and what they may think is obvious and critical
is beyond my ken.  Also, I think Peter assumes too much about my knowledge of the code and
how it works.  I have no working knowledge of the internals of AOO nor of DocFormats.

I will complete the documentation of the external downloading using native Windows and stop.
 I'm behind on a promise to the AOO project as it is.

 - Dennis

PS: Please note that you folks are in completely different time zones from me and it is now
just 08:30 for me.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrea Pescetti [mailto:pescetti@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, January 7, 2015 05:14
To: dev@corinthia.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: svn commit: r1649986 - /incubator/corinthia/www/index.html

Peter Kelly wrote:
> This is simply bikeshedding

Well, this is still quite a technical issue, we are not discussing about
the shade of blue to use.

> My vote is to to have Dorte take responsibility of the design aspects

I can concur this area is not crucial to the project at this stage (but
when you start advertising Corinthia at a later stage you WILL want a
nice-looking site and sometimes this will require some discussion, even
if you can't see its importance now).

+1 from me to give Dorte all responsibility for website design at this
stage, and for requesting that others focus on the content only.

Regards,
   Andrea.