corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <>
Subject [REVIEW REQUEST] External Scripts (was RE: My work in january.)
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2015 16:33:00 GMT
Although I am certain I will notice some touch-ups in the documentation/narrative around the
scripts for downloading externals, what is there is now ready for review.

 A. I request confirmation that the scripts are functional and the description now in external/README.txt
is usable.

 B. After confirmation, I want to delete the two *.sh files, which are not Windows "native."
This is to avoid maintenance happening using the wrong scripts.

 1. Clone the repository on any Windows configuration that you can run native console sessions
on.  It is all right to use CygWin or MSYS2 or simply use cmd.exe for a shell.

 2. In the external folder, wherever located on your machine, execute the external/extract_downloads.bat

 3. Confirm that the five .zip archives download and that the extractions into external/download/include,
lib, and bin have occurred correctly.

 4. Report any problems or clarifications that you need to accomplish this.

It is not necessary to confirm that Windows native builds of DocFormats and other components
work.  That is for separate testing and has more prerequisites than just having the external/
scripts working well enough.

 - Dennis