corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <>
Subject Re: Apache Corinthia website is up and running
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2014 20:26:54 GMT
On Wednesday, December 24, 2014, Andrea Pescetti <>

> On 21/12/2014 Dorte Fjalland wrote:
>> The Corinthia website
>> has been published and is ready for comments, critique, suggestions etc.
> The site looks OK, but rather than on aesthetics I'll comment on content.
> I see that in most places you refer to "Apache Corinthia" instead of
> "Apache Corinthia (incubating)". I believe this is absolutely the right
> thing to do: while there are some mandatory disclaimers to add while
> Corinthia is still incubating (and you already obey that in the footer),
> creating a Twitter account for "Apache Corinthia (incubating)" would be
> stupid.
> In general, I recommend keeping references to "incubating" only when
> strictly needed, otherwise you will regret that. For example, archiving
> this list as
> and not as something containing "incubator" was another
> thing that you did right. Continue like this!

thanks for the kind words. can you share your AOO incubator experience with
us. Did AOO run into problems by not using incubator as name, or (which I
assume) did AOO use it a lot and as a consequence have lots of changes?

I recommended not using Incubator unless it was mandatory, so if problems
arise I am to blame not the project.

jan i