corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Corinthia website is up and running
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2014 10:55:52 GMT
On 23 December 2014 at 11:31, Daniel Gruno <humbedooh@apache.org> wrote:

> +0:
> Please put the logo proposal in a separate thread, it's quite an important
> matter and should not be hidden inside a web site thread.

I have no problem with a separate thread, but to me, website/fb/twitter and
Logo are tightly connected. If the logo changes (apart from stylish
changes) the main picture should also change.

So you can say we have 2 discussions in this thread. The general
layout/content of web/fb/twitter (menus, responsive design etc), and the
graphical layout (logo and pictures).

> As for comments; I like the overall idea, but the logo itself is a bit
> blurry/grainy, especially at a low resolution.
> If we could stylize it as a vector image, it would be much better. If
> Dorte does not have the time for this, I'd gladly look into doing it.

Dorte tried something like that, but did not like it. Feel free to play
around with it. The idea was to give the impression of a hand drawn owl
(which it really is) instead of a machine made perfect owl.

> Shouldn't we also put our IRC channel on the web site?

The IRC channel was a very fast decision. Not saying it was a bad decision,
it was not, but before promoting it, I would like  to hear more opinions.

I have no problem with having a IRC channel, provided someone is prepared
to hang in there...an empty channel or non-responsive channel is for me not
a good sign.

Personally I use google hangout/skype/hipchat a lot more and do not have
IRC started 24/7. But that is just my view, how do the community feel ?

rgds
jan i.