corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tips: Checking Out incubator-corinthia
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2014 21:33:05 GMT
On 17 December 2014 at 18:19, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org>
wrote:

> Some observations on working with the current Git setup.
>
> INCUBATOR-CORINTHIA MIRROR ON GITHUB
>
> I don't see the mirror yet.  When it is present, it will be at
> <https://github.com/apache/incubator-corinthia>.

give it 24 hours to catch up.

> An easy way to work with that repository is to fork it to your own GitHub
> project.  That makes pull requests to Apache incubator-corinthia easy to
> make.  NOTE: Pull requests are only accepted from individuals who have
> filed individual contributor license agreements (iCLAs) at the Apache
> Software Foundation.  You do not surrender any rights with the iCLA, but it
> gives the ASF non-exclusive, irrevocable rights to use your contribution in
> all of the usual ways, including release under the Apache License version
> 2.0.
>
> An alternative to pull requests is creation of a diff between your local
> commits and the Apache incubator-corinthia mirror.  Diffs can be submitted
> as patches, best attached to an issue on the Corinthia JIRA issue tracker.
> Small patches do not require an iCLA.  To make more substantial
> contributions, an iCLA is the best route.
>
> INCUBATOR-CORINTHIA AT APACHE
>
> The primary repository is at <
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-corinthia.git>.
>
> Making a local clone is easy.  I used TortoiseGit to make a local clone on
> my Windows desktop system, specifying the "stable" branch as part of the
> clone request.  After that succeeded, I made a checkout request for branch
> "develop" which set that branch as current.
>
> It is also possible to use the GitHub for Windows application to manage
> your check-ins and also any synchronization with the repository at Apache.
> You will have to tell GitHub you are creating a repository rather than
> cloning one if you have already cloned it.  GitHub for Windows will
> recognize the existing repository at the location you specify and list it
> as an "Other" (non-GitHub) repository.  Do not let GitHub for Windows
> create a .gitattributes file, specify "none" instead.  I forgot to do that
> and then had to revert it.
>
> If you are a committer, you can sync between the local clone and the
> Apache repository by providing your Apache committer ID and password.
> Non-committers can use the patch-submission route.  To make pull requests,
> the use of a GitHub fork of the mirror may be more straightforward.

You can have your github id become part of the apache organisation. Your
apache Id and github id needs to be added to a file in committers, then it
will happen after a short while.

Should you be interested but dont have patience to use svn (or find the
right place), then send me an email with
    apache id, github id
and I will add it.

rgds
jan i.